Spend the next week looking for the answers to these questions (and noting where in Scripture you find the answer), which come from a poll of most surprising/shocking things found in the Bible. Answers will be posted here next weekend. Don’t just assume you know the answer.
- 1. What kind of fruit did Adam and Eve eat?
- Answer: Fruit type is not specified, other than the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, or forbidden fruit. (Gen 2:17, 3:3, 6, 12). It is NOT AN APPLE!
- 2. Is money the root of all evil, or is our attitude toward money the problem?
- Answer: The love of money is the root of all evil (1Tim 6:10)
- 3. Where do you find words of condemnation against people who eat raisin cakes?
- Hosea 3:1 - Then the LORD said to me again, "Go, make love to a woman who has a lover and is involved in adultery, just as the LORD loves the people of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes." (Hos 3:1 CEB)
- 4. Why does Pharoah refuse to let Moses’ people go?
- Answers: Pharoah is stubborn (Ex. 7:14,; 8:15, 32; 9:7, 34-35) or The LORD made Pharoah stubborn (Ex. 9:12; 10:1, 20, 27; 11:10)
- 5. Who says, “For God loved the world so much that He gave his only Son, so that whoever believes in Him will not die, but will have eternal life”? To whom are those words said?
- Jesus says them to Nicodemus in John 3:16
- 6. What is the name of the woman who welcomed a general into her home, lulled him to sleep with warm milk, and then drove a tent spike through his head as he slept?
- Answer: Jael (Judges 4:17-21)
- 7. At what verse do most of the most ancient manuscripts end the Gospel of Mark?
- Answer: Mark 16:8